Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Former Google Exec CEO of Fashion Site Polyvore

Burro
Burro by marghipuntoc featuring Balenciaga bags
Items in this set: Crumpet V-neck cashmere cardigan, $350

Former Google Executive, Sukhinder Singh has made a rather surprising job venture this month, as she moves on to become CEO of Polyvore, an up-and-coming fashion and social networking site. Polyvore, meaning “devouring many or much,” was founded in 2007 in an effort to provide a creative outlet for users that allows anyone to become their own designer. Last month alone, Polyvore attracted over six million viewers who made a combined total of over 30,000 fashion “sets” each day, by combining various fashion, beauty, and other pop culture images. With these success rates, and the site’s new take on social networking entering the world of fashion and design, the site seems to have an overabundance of versatile opportunities before it, and we can't wait to see what Sukhinder decides to do with it! -Anna Elyse Lautmann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see just how permeant virtual memory has become in our everyday lives. It's like everytime I turn my head, I see something with a card slot or USB jack . I guess it makes sense though, considering how much cheaper memory has become lately...

Gahhhhh... who am I to complain. I can't get through a single day without using my R4 / R4i!

(Submitted from Nintendo DS running [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TA58lFC0gE]R4i SDHC[/url] NewPost v2)

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike