Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shoes Named in Honor of Dita Von Teese

Photo Courtesy of Henrique Kerch
for Factio Magazine


Famous shoe designer Cesare Paciotti has named one of his newest shoe designs after his longtime inspiration, Dita Von Teese. The shoe is officially called "Dita" and has the sex appeal of the burlesque star. It is dramatic with details of black sequins paired with zippers and studs that add to the erotic essence of this shoe. Inspiration can come from anywhere, and many believe this new Paciotti "Dita" shoe can be the perfect description of Dita Von Teese.
-Katie Davidson

We were lucky enough to interview Dita for our print publication, finding out all about her "elegant" style, where she shops worldwide and what she's always on the hunt for.

Describe your signature style.
I love old-Hollywood style glamour, so I prefer clothes that are very feminine and elegant. Although I collect and wear vintage clothing, I also wear a lot of modern clothes that are reminiscent of vintage clothing. Modern designers I like are Moschino, Marc Jacobs, Jean Paul Gaultier, Dior and YSL.

What are your personal favorite shops worldwide?
Moschino in London and Milan, Chantal Thomass in Paris, Ikram in Chicago, Marc Jacobs in NYC, Louis Vuitton in Paris, Golyester Vintage in Los Angeles, Stephen Jones Millinery in London, and Christian Louboutin which is in London, NY, Paris and Los Angeles.

Where are some of your favorite places to travel and what do you always pick up for your wardrobe?
I travel to Paris and London quite often. I never leave Paris without buying Chantal Thomass lingerie and Francis Klein sunglasses. I don't shop in Los Angeles where I live very often. Twice a year I attend this Vintage Clothing Expo here, so I hold out for that!

What are you always on the hunt for?
That one special piece that I can wear a hundred ways! For me, my Roland Mouret Galaxy dress is that, and so is my Dior New Look style suit. I love things I can wear with my art deco jewelry, hats and gloves.

Check out our original interview with Dita click here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dita looks very very pretty! But I din't find the Dita shoes as appealing.

Best Regards,
Shreya
http://www.life-styl.com/