Monday, December 10, 2007

Behind-the-Scenes with Victoria Beckham



Victoria Beckham has stylish good looks, a reunited singing career with the Spice Girls, a model-esque soccer star husband and is living the vida luxury. Elle Magazine caught up with the Hollywood mom (who has famously crossed the pond, and is now living the high life in LA) for the January issue where she discusses her career, talent, husband and that ultra luxurious lifestyle she leads...We just thought you might love the behind-the-scenes video of Posh at her poshest.

ON HER DESIGN CAREER:

“Some of the best, coolest stores are taking on dVb,” Beckham says proudly. “A year ago, they would have laughed. Maxfield, Fred Segal, Collette, Harvey Nichols…I've spent years banging those bloody doors down. There are so many-and I hate the word-celebrities doing clothing lines and fragrances, and most of them have nothing to do with it.”

ON HER TALENT:
“It became very obvious from the start,” Beckham continues, “that I was never going to be the best singer or the best dancer or the best actress. I was never a 'natural.' ” She thinks about this. “You know, I've never been that good at anything, to be completely honest.”

ON MEETING HER HUSBAND, DAVID:
Meeting David was “completely love at first sight,” Beckham says. “I remember it so clearly.” The Spice Girls were at their zenith when she flew with Fuller to a Manchester United match. David had yet to wow the world with his way of bending the ball. But he wowed her. She gave him her phone number on her airline ticket stub. “And he told me he went home and wrote the number on so many other things in case he lost it,” she says. “We found the ticket the other day!” They dated for months under the radar. “We drove around in his car and would sit in car parks and talk for hours and hours. We didn't need to go out for meals. We didn't need to go out for drinks. We just wanted to be together and get to know each other.”

ON HER LIFESTYLE:
“I work seven days a week. And I so love what I'm doing. I could go shopping all day, which is what a lot of people think that I do. That's their perception-that I'm a miserable bitch and go shopping all day and boss David about.”

ON HER PUBLIC IMAGE:
Twenty-four hours later, it's been decided. Two Batmans, a vampire, and a Victoria Beckham will be trick-or-treating in their Beverly Hills neighborhood. “The boys had great fun in the costume shop,” Beckham says. “Someone told me I'm going to feature big this year with the drag queens.” She loves this. “I'm so camp! I'm such a gay man trying to get out. I don't give a shit what anybody thinks.”

For the full interview with Victoria Beckham, pick up Elle magazine at newstands nationwide.

No comments: