Wednesday, February 6, 2008

NY Fash Week: Carolina Herrera



For this collection, imagine Robin Hood gone sexy and sweet for New York women and you'll get the gist of it. Yellow and green chartreuse with highlights of burnt reds clothed these models from head to toe. Khaki riding pants coupled with the occasional chiffon ribbon draping the breeze behind. Very sexy dresses with movement in every direction looked nearly virgin like. The absolute impression that this show has left on me and that I have now transferred to my wardrobe is the idea of feathers, unique duck feathers with design in a hat or pinned to my jacket!

Sitting front row is Vogue's Anna Wintour, across from me with nearly no expression, only a sweet smile when she saw something that maybe got her a little excited. Carolina Herrera was inspired this season and it resonates in every stitch!
-Kari Skaflen and Nichole Werhner

No comments: