Wednesday, February 6, 2008

NY Fash Week: Diesel




Diesel, Diesel! You had me at "hello!" This parade was a scene of beautiful black dresses with a hidden electric blue and red lining meets funky washed up Wednesday afternoon couture! All I could think of was - how in the world do I get these clothes all over my body?

Diesel has this brilliant way of making anything look so cool and loyal to the 20-something crowd. Monochromatic colors in 12 shades of grey marched down the runway. Balloon shape and silky jumper suits followed up with black stockings and black early-century boots. What more could you ask for? Diesel not only showed off its cool and collected self, but also managed to layer and layer and layer greys and sand colors on both men and women. It was so profound to me that I noticed not only the clothes but the beautiful faces wearing them. What happened? The shirts and coats started this look of 1960s London, like "My Fair Lady" in 12 shades of grey, blues and sands I found that these pieces were even more colorful because they highlighted the models, eyes, lips, brows, skin color and hair. Making this line involves a persons own style hiding behind their eyes. It's a "look at me, I'm amazing, my clothes are my own .... hey you over there, who cares what you think.
-Kari Skaflen and Nichole Werhner

No comments: