Monday, February 23, 2009

Get Angelina's Hair from the Oscars

We absolutely loved Angelina's hair (and emerald jewels for that matter) for the Oscars, so we caught up with stylist David Babaii for a step-by-step how to for achieving the look at home.

Step 1: To achieve this romantic cascade of curls, I sprayed her entire head with David Babaii for WildAid Bohemian Beach Spray and scrunched it into the hair. This gives just the right texture and hold.

Step 2: Next, I dried her hair by dividing her tresses into 3 sections: top, sides and back leaving the nape area free. Taking small sections starting at the nape, use the David Babaii for WildAid Blow Dryer with the nozzle attachment and finish the drying process with a large round brush to smooth hair straight.

Step 3: At the crown area, I sprayed David Babaii for WildAid Volcanic Ash Root Amplifier to the root area and down the hair shaft. Then, I dried this section with a jumbo round brush to add lift and volume.

Step 4: Once dry, I sectioned the hair again using the same sectioning process as I did for blow drying. Using the David Babaii for WildAid Styling Iron, I once again sectioned the hair into 3 sections: top, sides and back leaving the nape area free. To curl, use the Styling Iron to create "ribbon curls" by taking small "V" shaped sections. To achieve, wrap the hair around and inside the styling iron close to the scalp area and pull the iron down (similar to curling ribbon). After curling the entire head, I smoothed some of the curls with a brush while leaving some intact.

Step 5: At the crown area, I back-brushed the hair at the scalp area only, sprayed some additional Volcanic Ash Root Amplifier and gently smoothed the surface not to remove too much of the back-brushing. Next, to create her half-up, half down look, I brushed the sides up and back and secured with pins. To complete the back, I ran my fingers up several curls to create volume and variations in texture. For a long but natural lasting hold, I used David Babaii for WildAid Mise en Plis Light Styling Spray.

There you go! Now go out and get that hair and score your Brad.



No comments: