Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Most Voted Pro - Our Bet is on Amber!

Sephora's Amber Kish

One of our own is on her way to stardom in the beauty world!
A fellow
ILIA Alum is now a lead makeup artist for Sephora
and is taking part in the Most Voted Pro Contest on Facebook.
Find out all about the contest (vote for Amber at
www.facebook.com/Sephora), find out how a degree in design paved the way to limitless beauty and of course, we want to know what’s in her makeup bag.

RUNWAYTORETAIL: Tell us about the Most Voted
Pro Contest.

AMBER
KISH:
The contest is for our clients! They are the soul voice of the outcome; this is a shining example of online Sephora fan followers. The winner of the MVP award gets to go to San Francisco and participate in a photo shoot with Allure magazine!! There is also a winner selected from the voters for an all expense paid trip to SF to get made over by the winner.

RTR: How has your degree in design from ILIA helped your creativity in makeup and styling?
AK: My background includes being in the beauty/fashion industry since I was 15. After my studies in cosmetology, Fashion Design seemed like the natural next step for me. I received my BFA from The Illinois Institute of Art-Chicago in Fashion Design, and now I can completely translate my thoughts for any client with any need in a wide range of facets with no limitations!!

RTR: What has it been like working at Sephora?
AK: Sephora is a whole new revolutionary mindset when it comes to work. I have been with Sephora over two years, and wish I had known about them sooner in life! Sephora's interest in my education (she also attended Sephora University in the heart of SF) is one of the main reasons I am where I am today!

RTR: What’s in your makeup bag?
AK: My must-have items include but are in no way limited to; YSL's Touche Eclat - THE best highlighting concealer that I have found. Also, brow products can transform a look entirely, so I am never without Lancome's powder soft pencils. Everything in our world today is changing to high definition. When it comes to foundation, Make Up For Ever is my hands down HD choice.

Again, vote for Amber at www.facebook.com/Sephora! Shop: Sephora.com offers Free Shipping on all merchandise orders over $75.

No comments: